Municipal Market Strategy
Ponton Industries has been servicing the municipal markets since the late 1970’s. Our significant experience in this market space has led to the development of our Municipal Market Strategy (MMS).
MMS hinges on our relationships with the municipalities, their consultants and our Municipal Bidding Department.
Our account representatives work very closely with the end users, as well as the consultants these users rely on to engineer their plant expansions and upgrades. This allows us to identify projects in their very early stages.
Once an opportunity is identified the challenges servicing the municipal market are many:
- The project time table is always very long.
- Coordinating the end users’ preference with their consultants.
- Access to the engineering specifications and drawings.
- Reviewing the specifications and providing an accurate bill of materials with the appropriate comments to the specifications.
- Identifying the integrators and contractors bidding the project.
- Coordinating the project with participating entities spread over multiple territories.
- Identifying the successful low bid contractor and his sub-contractors.
- Negotiating contingent purchase orders to secure a BOM while submittals are generated.
- Generating submittal materials for the contractors.
- Negotiating terms and conditions with various entities.
- Managing deliverables to the job site.
- Coordinating field support, training and startup.
It’s not unusual for us to be managing over 100 municipal opportunities simultaneously!
The advantages of our MMS have resulted in:
- Drastically increased our closing rate.
- Manage more opportunities simultaneously.
- Allow our outside sales team to concentrate on servicing the end user and consultants and not have to be bogged down in the bidding and closing process.
Bottom line…more time available to sell!
Contact the Municipal Bidding department today for assistance with your specifications.